Journal of Nematology is the official technical and scientific communication publication of the Society of Nematologists since 1969. The journal adheres to strict peer-review policy. Journal of Nematology is abstracted in the major scientific reference/citation databases. The journal is also open access with all past and current articles available for download here at no cost! Explore and enjoy.
From the EIC’s Desk:
The Journal of Nematology now offers publication of Nematode Genome Announcements (NGA) and Nematode Transcriptome Announcements (NTA). These brief reports announce the sequencing and assembly of a nematode genome or transcriptome resource, along with basic technical information on DNA sequencing and bioinformatics methods used. This publishing initiative offers a new avenue to openly and concisely communicate the availability and relevance of genome and transcriptome sequence resources to the broader scientific community.
Guidelines for submission of this type of manuscript can be found here. JON Genome and Transcriptome Announcements Guidelines. See the 49-2 issue for examples.
The following policy change applies to all future submissions to the Journal of Nematology:
New species descriptions must now include molecular data (DNA sequence comparisons). If you have questions about this policy, please contact me.
If you are interested in becoming a subject editor for the journal, please let me know.
Reminders of existing journal policy:
– Please make sure your experiments have been repeated in space and time in addition to containing experimental replicates.
– Where appropriate, statistical analysis must be employed to determine significance and described thoroughly.
– Consult the JON Style Guide for proper formatting, headings, naming conventions and abbreviations.
Thank you all for your continued support!
Andrea Skantar, Editor-in-Chief (2018)
Andrea Skantar, 2018. USDA-ARS, Beltsville, MD, USA
David Shapiro-Ilan, 2017. USDA-ARS, Byron, GA, USA
- Sergei Subbotin, 2016. California Department of Food and Agriculture, Sacramento, CA, USA
- Zafar Handoo, 2017. USDA-ARS, Beltsville, MD, USA
- Johnathan Dalzell, 2018. Queens University Belfast, Belfast, Ireland, UK
- James LaMondia, 2018. The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, Windsor, CT, USA
- Eric J. Ragsdale, 2019. Max Planck Institute, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
- Axel Elling, 2019. Bayer, Morrisville, NC, USA
- Eyualem Abebe, 2019. Elizabeth City State University, Elizabeth City, NC, USA
- Koon-Hui Wang, 2019. University of Hawaii, Manoa, HI, USA
- Raquel Campos-Herrera, 2019. Universidade do Algarve Campus de Gambelas, Faro, Portugal
- Maria Viketoft, 2019. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
- Ian King, 2020. Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa, Canada
- Horacio Lopez-Nicora, 2020. Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA