Student Travel Award Application for 2022
The Society of Nematologists Honors and Awards Committee anticipates giving out several student travel awards to support students presenting papers (oral or poster) during the 2022 Annual Meeting. The number and amount of these awards have not yet been determined.
Nathan A. Cobb Student Travel Awards
The N.A. Cobb Foundation also anticipates granting awards to help offset the cost of student attendance at the 2022 Society of Nematologists Annual Meeting. For more information about Cobb Foundation awards and endowments see https://nematologists.org/Cobb_Endowment.
Eligibility requirements for Student Travel Award Applicants:
Procedure for Applying for a Student Travel Award:
- Applying for a student travel award requires completing three steps. Applicants must 1) fully complete the online travel award application page (see below), 2) submit a cover letter and presentation abstract as a single PDF file with the online travel award application, and 3) submit the same abstract on the 2022 Student Travel Award Abstract Submission Page at the same time as submitting the travel award application materials.
- Applicants must give a presentation or poster at the annual meeting but do not have to participate in one of the student presentation competition sessions.
- The cover letter required for step 2 above must be no more than 1 page long and describe the student’s research and also explain why the student wants to attend the SON meeting.
- The abstract must follow the guidelines for the annual meeting, as described on the 2022 Annual Meeting Abstract Submission Guidelines. NOTE: Abstracts submitted must be reviewed by two people, and submitting an abstract for the meeting requires payment of a $50 fee.
- Students may apply for more than one type of travel award for this meeting, but will receive only one.
Criteria for selecting award recipients will include the quality of science (determined from the submitted abstract) and financial and/or scholarly need.
The application deadline was June 1, 2022.
Late applications will not be considered.
Society of Nematologists
P.O. Box 190
Mesilla Park, New Mexico 88047
©All Rights Reserved. Society of Nematologists